About Me

I am currently a Junior at The University of South Alabama working to obtain a degree in Secondary Education/Language Arts. I live in Mobile, Alabama. After I obtain my Bachelors Degree, I plan to continue my education and obtain a Masters Degree in English. I am a believer in flexibility and as I am 22 years old at this time, I hope that my goals and aspirations will grow with my knowledge of the world of education.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Using Technology in the classroom

With technology advancing everyday, students and teachers alike need to be knowledgeable of the tools that are available to them. I will attempt to use blog assignments as some of the journal assignments in class and have the students comment on each others work. Blogs, Streaming video and Twitter are some of the best networking resources around right now. I am sure by 2011 there will be countless others. I will try my best to mention new resources and have my students help me with technology I have trouble understanding. Technology is sometimes hard to match with standards that need to be met, but by using power points, podcast, and blogs I will teach my students to think outside the box when looking for learning resources. To be able to teach the newest technology, I will have to continue to scour new information on technology and teach myself how to use it.