About Me

I am currently a Junior at The University of South Alabama working to obtain a degree in Secondary Education/Language Arts. I live in Mobile, Alabama. After I obtain my Bachelors Degree, I plan to continue my education and obtain a Masters Degree in English. I am a believer in flexibility and as I am 22 years old at this time, I hope that my goals and aspirations will grow with my knowledge of the world of education.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

My belief in lifetime learning

One of the reasons that I decided to become a teacher is the opportunity it gives a person to become a lifetime learner. I never want to be too old to be taught something and I never want to think a person is too young to be my teacher. Teaching opens up so many paths for the pursuit of education. You can continue your higher education at a university or you can learn invaluable information in your classroom. The way technology has changed education puts students in a prime spot to teach their educators how the world works for new generations. To be able to educate a child, you have to understand where the child's passion is focused. If an educator turns a deaf ear to new ideas and thoughts because they don't understand them, educators as a whole are losing a battle. I believe that students should be taught to look for an opportunity to learn in any situation. My hope is this: If I show my students that by teaching them I am learning new things everyday, then they will search for knowledge throughout their lives also.